- The FIFA rules shall apply except when superseded by any of the following rules.
- Each team nomination form must be accompanied by $400 for existing teams and $450 for new teams. Registration covers the first 20 players. For each player in excess of 20 an additional registration fee of $25 will apply. (Players must be registered for your team before they are eligible to play, see rule16). Replacement ID cards at player or team cost $10
- Matches are to be played at 9.30 am or 11.30 am on Sunday mornings, fields as arranged. Friday night FOOTBALL matches are to commence as detailed in the draw. Any team with less than seven (7) players shall forfeit the game.
- Points shall be awarded for the regular competition as follows:-
- 3 for a win (win on a forfeit)
- 1 for a draw
- 0 for a loss
- -3 Points and -3 goals or your average goals against whichever is greater for a loss on forfeit.
- A win on forfeit will be awarded three (3) goals or the average goals conceded by the opposition whichever is greater for the purpose of calculating goal difference.
- If a team withdraws from the competition or is expelled, results will only stand if they have completed the majority of games in each half of the draw. (e.g. 8 team comp is 14 games/rounds. Games 1 to 7 are the first half of the draw and games 8 to 14 are the second half of the draw. So if a team plays all games in the first half of the draw but only two games in the second half, the two games in the second half will not count)
- Regular competition matches and knockout cup matches shall be 45 minutes each way with 10 minutes break at half time. No extra time shall be played in the event of a drawn match, except for cup matches and finals. In cup and final matches the sudden death formula shall apply. That is the first team to score is declared the winner, if no score at the end of 10 minutes each way a penalty shoot out will follow. (For the penalty shoot out you may pick any eleven players on the team sheet from your team to participate provided they have not been sent off. Once you have picked your eleven players they cannot be changed). Other rules for shoot out as per F.I.F.A.
- Commercial FOOTBALL will hold a finals series dependant on finding suitable locations and sponsors. The number of teams in the finals will be dependent on the size of each division.
- SLIDE TACKLES ARE NOW OUTLAWED IN QUEENSLAND INDEPENDENT FOOTBALL. It is now an offence to commit any form of slide tackle (i.e. you must be standing on two feet to tackle for the ball) in QIF. If a player slide tackles they will be sent from the field of play for a period of 10 minutes. That offending player can be substituted. If a player repeats the offence when they are allowed back on they will be sent off for the remainder of the match. In this instance the player that is sent off can be substituted but only after a 10 minute waiting period. (This send off does not carry the one-week suspension). All other send offs are as per rules.
- No more than seventeen (17) players shall appear on the team sheet and play for any team in any match. Players may be substituted as desired, and INTERCHANGE will be allowed (a match official can refuse a substitution if they think a team is time wasting). This is to be conducted at the half way line (for the player coming on) when the ball is dead and under the referee's direction (At all other times substitutes must remain seated. If they need to warm up, this should be done well away from the field of play). A player sent off by the Referee (other than the slide tackle rule) cannot be replaced by a substitute.
- Any player sent off while playing for a team in any QIF game will be automatically suspended up to the next fixture or cup match for that team unless otherwise advised (other than slide tackle rule). If you play for multiple teams you are not eligible to play until you have served the suspension for the team you were sent off for. (e.g. if you are sent off on Friday night and also play Sundays, you cannot play for the Sunday team until you have served the suspension for the team you were sent off for) Penalty for playing a suspended player will be loss on forfeit for all games up to and including the offending match (including previously un-played matches). If any further subsequent abuses, the team could be withdrawn from the competition. Players sent off may be required to appear before the Disciplinary Committee.
- The receiving of 4 yellow cards is an automatic one-week suspension. 8 yellow cards are an automatic three weeks suspension and you may also face the disciplinary committee. (Teams are to police and enforce this rule. Penalty for playing a suspended player is as per rule no 11)
- Any suspensions imposed by the A.S.F. and its affiliates shall apply to the Commercial FOOTBALL. A $200 appeal fee, must accompany applications for appeal against any suspension/decision, this is refundable if appeal is 100% successful. (This applies to ALL suspensions/decisions). Appeals must be lodged within seven (7) days from date of notification of suspension or disciplinary decision. An appeal against an automatic one week suspension must be lodged by 6pm the immediate following Tuesday.
14. Any player in (FFA/A.S.F/Q.S.F/Brisbane Mens FOOTBALL.) above Metro division including reserves and youth grades shall be ineligible to play in QIF in the corresponding calendar year (If you are unsure of eligibility please contact us). This does not apply to OIF premier league teams. Penalty will be loss on forfeit for all games up to and including the offending match. For premier league teams there is no restriction but all players above metro division must apply to gain eligibility. QIF will then inform the club the player is registered with so they are aware of the actions of the concerned player.
- Players appearing on ANY retained or open to transfer list shall be ineligible to play QIF.
- Penalty for breach of the above rules will be automatic loss of points up to and including offending match.
- For semi-final and final matches and cup finals (including cup semis and finals) only persons who have played in FIVE (5) previous matches (for your team only and excluding friendly matches) during the season are eligible to compete.
- Only players that are registered with the QIF for YOUR team are eligible to participate in QIF matches for your team only. Penalty for playing a player not registered with your team will be loss of all points on forfeit up to and including the offending match(s) (including any previously un-played matches). Teams may also be fined or expelled from the competition. (This means you cannot use fill in players unless you have registered them for your team). Players may be duel registered and play for more than one team or club. These players must complete player registration forms for each team they play for. No new registrations for a team will be accepted after June 30th 2010. (This includes teams playing within the same club)
15. Official Referees shall be appointed for all games (this is organised by the referee’s co-ordinator). In the event of an official Referee being unavailable, the home team will be notified and shall supply the Referee, provided both teams agree. Referees so appointed shall be deemed official. Both teams shall share referee's fees. Official Referee MUST be paid prior to the start of the game. The fee is $90 (subject to change) and each team is to pay half that fee that is $45 per team.
- In cases of non-attendance of opposition, the attending team will pay the Referee the ($90) fee and Commercial FOOTBALL will reimburse upon receipt of team sheets. Commercial FOOTBALL will then obtain the full fee plus a fine of $45 from the offending team.
- In cases of both teams having the same colours, the AWAY team changes. (All shirts must have numbers on them). Each player appearing on the team sheet must have their own shirt. Shirts cannot be shared under any circumstances.
16. Home and Away Team sheets are to be provided by the HOME team. The home team manager is to sign the away team sheet before it is given to the opposition. The home and away teams are to complete details of surname, initials and jersey number of every player in NEAT PRINT together WITH THE SIGNATURE of every player on each of their respective sheets. No other person is permitted to sign for any participating player. Penalty will be loss on forfeit for all games up to and including the offending match.
- All teams must have the new ID cards for the 2011 season. ID cards for each player appearing on the team sheet must be handed to the referee prior to kick off (even for players who are arriving late). If you do not have an ID card for a player then that player is not permitted to take any part in the match. Penalty for playing a player without an ID card will be loss of points on forfeit for that match. If the said player is not registered then penalty is loss on forfeit of all matches up to and including the offending match. Replacement cards at player or team cost $10
- Team managers have the right to request the identification of any player on the team sheet. Acceptable identification is any of the following: Commercial QIF Football ID Card ONLY. No other forms of identification are acceptable. If a player fails to provide the above ID on request then they are not eligible to play in that match.
- All players' names that are expected to play in that game must be written on the team sheet prior to kick-off, including those who are expected to arrive later (and have ID card as per rule 23).